The scattered sheep sought after ... [microform] / by Isaac Penington, the younger
- Penington, Isaac, 1616-1679
- London : Printed by G.D. for Lodowick Lloyd ..., 1659.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 16 pages
- (from t.p.) 1. In a lamentation, over the general loss of the powerful presence of God in his people, since the dayes of the Aposttles [sic], with a particular bewailing of the withering and death of those precious buddings forth of life, which appeared in many at the beginning of the late troubles in these nations, with the proper way of recovery for such -- 2. In some propositions concerning the only way of salvation, where is an answer given to that great objection, that the light which convinceth of sin, is the light of a natural conscience, and a brief account rendered of the ground of mens misunderstanding Scriptures -- 3. In exposing to view the fundamental principle of the Gospel, upon which the redeemed spirit is built -- 4. And in some questions and answers (by way of catechisme, for the sake of the simple-hearted) directing to that principle, and fixing in it.
- Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1977. 1 microfilm reel. 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 727:26)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, P1187
View MARC record | catkey: 2657176