Systema agriculturæ, the mystery of husbandry discovered [microform] : treating of the several new and most advantaious ways of tilling, planting, sowing, manuring, ordering, improving of all sorts of gardens, orchards, meadows, pastures, corn-lands, woods & coppices, as also of fruits, corn, grain, pulse, new-hays, cattle, fowl, beasts, bees, silk-worms, fish, &c. : with an account of the several instruments and engines used in this profession : to which is added Kalendarium rusticum, or, The husbandmans monthly directions, also the prognosticks of dearth, scarcity, plenty, sickness, heat, cold, frost, snow, winds, rain, hail, thunder, &c. and Dictionarium rusticum, or, The interpretation of rustick terms, the whole work being of great use and advantage to all that delight in that most noble practice ... / by J.W. Gent
- Worlidge, John, active 1669-1698
- London : Printed for Tho. Dring ..., 1681.
- The third edition carefully corrected and amended with one whole section added, and many large and useful additions throughout the whole work.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, 134, that is, 324 pages, 6 unnumbered pages : illustrations
- Related Titles:
- Mystery of husbandry discovered
Monthly directions for the husbandman
Interpretations and significations of several rustick terms
Compleat system of husbandry and gardening
- Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
Edition statement taken from title.
Later published under title: A compleat system of husbandry and gardening.
Separate t.p.: Kalendarium rusticum, or, Monthly directions for the husbandman ...
Dictionarium rusticum, or, The interpretations and significations of several rustick terms ...
Index: p. - at end.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1979. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 994:45)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, W3600
View MARC record | catkey: 2657525