The essays or counsels, civil & moral, of Sir Francis Bacon, Lord Verulam, Viscount St. Alban [microform] : with a table of the colours of good & evil : whereunto is added The wisdom of the ancients, enlarged by the honorable author himself, and now more exactly published
- Bacon, Francis, 1561-1626
- Uniform Title:
- Essays. Selections
- London : Printed by T. N. for John Martyn, S. Mearne, and H. Herringman ..., 1673.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 254 pages, 12 unnumbered pages, 31 pages, 14 unnumbered pages, 131 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Gorges, Arthur, Sir, 1557?-1625 and Bacon, Francis, 1561-1626
- Related Titles:
- Of the colours of good and evill and Wisdom of the ancients
- Added t.p. and separate paging (, 131 p. at end): The wisdom of the ancients / written in Latine by ... Sir Francis Bacon ... ; done into English by Sir Arthur Gorges ... London : Printed by T.N., 1673., "The table ..." [i.e. index]: p. [1-3] following p. 254., and Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1977. 1 microfilm reel. 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 706:12)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, B287, Arber's Term cat. I 156, and Gibson, R.W. Francis Bacon : a bibliography 23b
View MARC record | catkey: 2658233