Seven Portuguese letters [microform] : being a second part to the five love-letters from a nun to a cavalier, one of the most passionate [p]ieces that possibly ever has been extant
- Guilleragues, Gabriel Joseph de Lavergne, vicomte de, 1628-1685
- Uniform Title:
- Lettres portugaises. English
- London : Printed for H. Brome ..., 1681.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, 78 pages
- Additional Creators:
- Alcoforado, Mariana, 1640-1723
- Related Titles:
- Lettres portugaises
- A translation of "Lettres portugaises, seconde partie," seven letters by a "femme du monde" issued as a companion volume to the original "Lettres portugaises."
Long attributed to Mariana Alcoforado and were supposedly written to Noël Bouton, marquis de Chamilly in the year 1668, these letters are now attributed to Guilleragues. Cf. Wilpert, Gero von (ed.). Lexikon der Weltliteratur.
Wing attributes to Alcoforado and lists imprint: "For Joanna Brome, 1681" and indicates the work is only at the Bodleian Library where the filmed copy is also located. Thus, probably not a variant even though imprint appears slightly different.
Reproduction of original in Bodleian Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1971. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 372:11)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, A893 Variant
Arber's Term cat. I 443
View MARC record | catkey: 2661140