A chronicle of the kings of England [microform] : from the time of the Romans government unto the death of King James : containing all passages of state and church with all other observations proper for a chronicle / faithfully collected out of authors ancient and modern and digested into a method by Sir Richard Baker ... ; whereunto is added The reign of King Charles the First and The first thirteen years of His Sacred Majesty King Charles the Second that now reigneth in which are many material affairs of state never before published and likewise the most remarkable occurences relating to His Majesties most happy and wonderful restauration by the prudent conduct, under God, of George late Duke of Albemarle, Captain General of all His Majesties armies, as they were extracted out of His Excellencies own papers and the journals and memorials of those imploy'd in the most important and secret transactions of that time
- Baker, Richard, Sir, 1568-1645
- London : Printed for H. Sawbridge ..., B. Tooke ... and T. Sawbridge ..., 1684.
- All which additions are revised in this eighth impression, and freed from many errors and mistakes of the former editions.
- Physical Description:
- 50 unnumbered pages, 750 pages, 42 unnumbered pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : 1 portrait
- Additional Creators:
- Phillips, Edward, 1630-1696?
- Related Titles:
- Reign of King Charles the First
First thirteen years of His Sacred Majesty King Charles the Second
- Added t.p. engraved.
"Epistle to the reader" signed: E. Phillips.
Editions after 1660 have a continuation by Edward Phillips which is valuable authority for the period 1658-1660 and is based on the lost papers of Sir Thomas Clarges Monck's, brother-in-law. Cf. Davies, G. Bibl. of Brit. hist., 1603-1714.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Bibliography Note:
- Bibliography: pages [7-9] at beginning.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 783:1)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, B509
Arber's Term cat. II, 76.
View MARC record | catkey: 2663306