Polygraphice, or, The art of drawing, engraving, etching, limning, painting, washing, varnishing, colouring, and dying [microform] : in three books : I, shews the drawing of men and other animal creatures, landskips, countries, and figures of various forms, II, the way of engraving etching and limning with all their requisits and ornaments, III, the way of painting, washing, varnishing, colouring and dying according to the method of the best authors now extant, exemplified in the painting of the antients, washing of maps, globes or pictures, dying of cloth, silks, bones, wood, glass, stones, and metals, together with the way of varnishing thereof according to any purpose or intent : the like never yet extant / by W.S., a lover of art
- Salmon, William, 1644-1713
- London : Printed by E.T. and R.H. for Richard Jones ..., 1672.
- Physical Description:
- 10 unnumbered pages, 293 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : illustrations
- Related Titles:
Art of drawing, engraving, etching, limning, painting, washing, varnishing, colouring, and dying
- Dedication signed: W. Salmon.
Added t.p. engraved.
Advertisement on p.  at end.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 801:9)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, S444
View MARC record | catkey: 2663594