A brief introduction to the skill of musick [microform] : in three books : the first, The grounds and rules of musick, according to the ga-mut and other principles thereof : the second, Instructions for the bass-viol, and also for the treble-violin, with lessons for beginners / by John Playford ... ; the third, The art of descant, or, Composing musick in parts, by Dr. Tho. Campion, with annotations thereon by Mr. Chr. Simpson
- Playford, John, 1623-1686?
- London : Printed by William Godbid for John Playford, and are to be sold at his shop ..., 1670.
- Physical Description:
- 19 unnumbered pages, 134 pages, 1 unnumbered page : portrait, music
- Additional Creators:
- Campion, Thomas, 1567-1620
Simpson, Christopher, -1669
- Related Titles:
- Grounds and rules of musick
Instructions for the bass-viol, and also for the treble-violin
Art of descant
Composing musick in parts
- "The art of descant ..." has special t.p.
Advertisement on p.  at end.
Reproduction of original in Huntington Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1978. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 846:34)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, P2454
View MARC record | catkey: 2664297