An answer to a book entitvled An humble remonstrance [microform] : in which the originall of [brace] liturgy, episcopacy is discussed : and quæres propounded concerning both : the parity of bishops and presbyters in Scripture demonstrated : the occasion of their imparitie in antiquitie discovered : the disparitie of the ancient and our moderne bishops manifested : the antiqvitie of ruling elders in the church vindicated : the prelaticall church bownded / written by Smectymnuus
- [London] printed : [publisher not identified], 1641.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 94, that is, 104 pages
- Wing attributes authorship to Stephen Marshall, who with Edmund Calamy, Thomas Young, Matthew Newcomen and William Spurstowe, wrote under the pseudonym Smectymnuus.
Place of publication suggested by NUC pre-1956 imprints.
With 6 leaves, each numbered 53-54, between p. 52 and 55; the text is continuous.
"A postscript" : p. 85-94 (i.e. 95-104)
Reproduction of original in the Harvard University Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1984. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1574:34)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, M748A
View MARC record | catkey: 2665493