The controversial letters, or, The grand controversie [microform] : concerning the pretended temporal authority of popes over the whole earth, and the true sovereign of kings within their own respective kingdoms : between two English gentlemen, the one of the Church of England, the other of the Church of Rome ...
- Walsh, Peter, 1618?-1688
- London : Printed for Henry Brome, and Benjamin Toke ..., MDCLXXIV 
- The second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 425 pages in various pagings
- Related Titles:
- Controversial letters
- Attributed to Peter Walsh by Wing and NUC pre-1956 imprints.
Has eight parts, each consisting of two "letters" with its own t.p. and separate pagination, and with imprint dates ranging from 1673 to 1679.
Includes marginal notes.
Imperfect: print show-through.
Reproduction of original in the Cambridge University Library.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1980. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1135:2,1879:1)
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, W631
View MARC record | catkey: 2668915