A mathematical compendium; or, Useful practices in arithmetick, geometry, and astronomy, geography and navigation, embattelling, and quartering of armies, fortification and gunnery, gauging and dyalling [microform] : Explaining the logarithms, with new indices; Nepair's rods or bones; making of movements, and the application of pendulums; with the projection of the sphere for an universal dyal, &c. By Sir Jonas Moore Knight, late Surveyor General of His Majesties ordinance
- Moore, Jonas, Sir, 1617-1679
- Additional Titles:
- Brigg's logarithms
Table of logarithms, from unity to 10000, by which, and the table of proportional parts annexed, the logarithms of all numbers under 100000 may easily be supplied
Divisional title: Table of artificial sines and tangents, for every degree and minute of the quadrant, fitted to the size of the logarithms
Divisional title: Here followeth a table of parts proportional, for the finding the logorithms of all numbers, betwixt 10000 and 100000
- London : printed for Richard Mount at the Postern on Tower-Hill, 1693.
- The third edition, with many large additions.
- Physical Description:
- 24 unnumbered pages, 120 pages, 180 unnumbered pages, 2 unnumbered plates (one folded) : illustrations (metal cut)
- Additional Creators:
- Briggs, Henry, 1561-1630
Harford, Robert, active 1677-1681
- Dedication signed: R.H., i.e. Robert Harford.
With a final advertisement leaf.
Variant: title in an earlier state, with "fortification, and gunnery" and "uuiversal".
Ldw Copy lacks final leaf.
Reproduction of the original in Dr. Williams' Library, London.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1993. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2191:17).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) M2574
View MARC record | catkey: 2671818