A directory for midwives: or, A guide for women [microform] : in their conception. Bearing; and suckling their children. The first part contains, 1. The anatomy of the vessels of generation. 2. The formation of the child in the womb. 3. What hinders conception, and its remedies. 4. What furthers conception. 5. A guide for women in conception. 6. Of miscarriage in women. 7. A guide for women in their labour. 8. A guide for women in their lying-in. 9. Of nursing children. To cure all diseases in women, read the second part of this book. By Nicholas Culpeper, Gent. student in physic and astrology
- Culpeper, Nicholas, 1616-1654
- Additional Titles:
- Directory for midwives
Guide for women
- London : printed, and are to be sold by most booksellers in London and Westminster, 1693.
- Newly corrected from many gross errors.
- Physical Description:
- 8 unnumbered pages, 424 pages
- The words "Conception. .. Children." are bracketed on title page.
In four books, each with caption title; register and pagination are continuous.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1987. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1757:12).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) C7495.
View MARC record | catkey: 2672320