The confession of faith, together with the larger and lesser catechismes [microform] : Composed by the reverend Assembly of Divines, sitting at Westminster, presented to both Houses of Parliament. Again published with the scriptures at large, and the emphasis of the scriptures in a different character. To which is annexed two sheets of Church-government with the scriptures at large
- Uniform Title:
- Westminster Confession of Faith
- Additional Titles:
- Humble advice of the Assembly of Divines, now by authority of Parliament sitting at Westminster
- [Glasgow] : Printed at London, for the Company of Stationers, anno 1658. And re-printed and Glasgow, by Robert Sanders, printer to the city and university, and are to be sold in his shop, 1675.
- The fourth edition, conform [sic] to the first original copy diligently compared, all escapes corrected, and more exact and correct then any that has been printed since.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 4 pages, 4 unnumbered pages, 295 pages, 7 unnumbered pages
- "The humble advice of the Assembly of Divines, now by authority of Parliament sitting at Westminster. Concerning a larger catechism, presented by them lately to both houses of Parliament, with the proofs thereof at large out of the scriptures. The second edition. Glasgow, by Robert Sanders, printer to the city and university and are to be sold in his shop. 1675.", has a separate title page. Register and pagination are continuous.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. University Microfilms International, 1987. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English Books, 1641-1700 ; 1775:5).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) C5797.
View MARC record | catkey: 2672896