The whole art of navigation [microform] : in five books. Containing I. The principles of navigation and geometry. II. The principles of astronomy. III. The practical part of navigation. IV. The description and use of such instruments, as are useful in taking observations at sea, and therein, the use of a large new sinical quadrant, performing with more exactness than any yet extant, all questions relating to navigation; rendered so easie as to be understood by the meanest capacity. V. Useful tables in navigation, wherein those of the suns and stars declination and right ascension, &c. are newly calculated. The whole delivered in a very easie and familiar stile, by way of dialogue between a tutor and his scholar. By Captaine Daniel New-house
- Newhouse, Daniel
- London : printed for Richard Mount, at the Postern on Tower-Hill, MDCXCVIII. 
- Physical Description:
- 22 unnumbered pages, 199, 100-124, 121-152, 253-311 pages, 1 unnumbered page; 128, 113-131 pages, 1 unnumbered page, plates : illustrations
- With additional engraved title page., "A table of amplitudes ortive and occasive" has half title; register and pagination are continuous. Book V has separate pagination and continuous register. "A table of the miles of east and west, answering to the degrees of longitude in the fourth rumb" and "A table for changing the degrees and minutes of east and west into miles", "A table for reducing miles of east and west into degrees of longitude", "Loxodromiques, or traverse-tables of miles, with the difference of longitudes and latitudes", and "A table of the latitudes and longitudes of the principal ports, harbours, capes, and islands, in most of the known parts of the world" have half title, continuous register and pagination., The maps are plates; engraved title page has letterpress material on recto., and Reproduction of the original in the Trinity College (Cambridge, Eng.) Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1987. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1766:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) N922.
View MARC record | catkey: 2672898