A curious collection of paintings, being most originals: by the best antient and modern masters [microform] : viz. Jordans. ... Dobsone. With many other great masters. Will be sold by auction, (with other curiosities, viz. tables, stands, looking-glasses, cabionets, and scrutores; &c. Most of which belonged to a person of quality, lately deceased,) at the Canary-House, near the east-end of Exeter-Exchange, in the Strand, between the Feathers-Tavern, and Long's Coffee-House, on Tuesday the 29th of this instant December, 1691. and will continue Wednesday and Thursday following. The sale begins at four of the clock in the afternoon. The conditions of sale. He that bids most is the buyer, and none to bid less than six-pence. If any difference ariseth, the picture must be put up again. And the buyer to fetch away their lots within three days after they are bought; paying porteridge, if they will have them carryed home. The paintings may be viewed at the place of sale; where catalogues may be had gratis
- Additional Titles:
- Appendix to the auction of paintings, with other curiosities
- [London] : [publisher not identified], 
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages
- Place of publication from Wing.
"An appendix to the auction of paintings, with other curiosities, .. exposed to sale .. on Wednesday, and Thursday, &c. The 30th and 31th of this instant Decemb. 1691" (caption title) has continuous pagination and register.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1988. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1828:44).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) C7660.
View MARC record | catkey: 2672941