Unparallel'd varieties: or, The matchless actions and passions of mankind [microform] : Displayed in near four hundred notable instances and examples. Discovering the transcendent effects; I. Of love, friendship, and gratitude. II. Of magnanimity, courage and fidelity. III. Of chastity, temperance, and humility. And, on the contrary, the tremendous consequences, IV. Of hatred, revenge, and ingratitude. V. Of cowardice, barbarity, and treachery. VI. Of unchastity, intemperance, & ambition. Imbelished with pictures. By R.B.
- R. B., approximately 1632-approximately 1725
- Additional Titles:
- Unparallel'd varieties, Matchless actions and passions of mankind, and Unparaleld varieties
- London : printed for Nath. Crouch, at the Bell in the Poultrey, near Cheapside, 1699.
- The third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 2 unnumbered pages, 159, 150-168 pages, plate : illustrations
- R.B. = Richard Burton, a pseudonym of Nathaniel Crouch.
With added engraved title page facing title page with title: Unparaleld varieties.
Text continuous despite pagination.
Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1988. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1883:1).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed., 1994) C7354.
View MARC record | catkey: 2673264