Scholæ Wintoniensis phrases Latinæ. = The Latine phrases of Winchester School [microform] : Corrected, and much augmented, with poeticalls added, and these four tracts: (viz.) I. Of words not to be used by elegant Latinists. II. The difference of many words, like one another, in sound or signification. III. Some words governing a subjunctive mood, not mentioned in Lilies Grammar. IV. Concerning Chreia and Gnōmē, for entring children upon making of themes. By H.R. D.D. Published for the common use and benefit of grammar schools
- Robinson, H. (Hugh), 1584?-1655
- Additional Titles:
- Scholæ Wintoniensis phrases Latinæ
Latine phrases of Winchester School
- London : printed for Humphrey Moseley at the Princes Armes in St. Pauls Church-yard, 1654.
- Physical Description:
- 14 unnumbered pages, 431 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- Additional Creators:
- Robinson, Nicholas
- H.R. = Hugh Robinson.
Editor's preface signed: Nicolaus Robinsonus.
The words "Chreia" and Gnōmē" on title page are in Greek characters.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1990. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2039:38).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) R1681A.
View MARC record | catkey: 2674549