The history of the vvorld: or, An account of time. Compiled by the learned Dionisius Petavius [microform] : And continued by others, to the year of our Lord, 1659. Together with a geographicall description of Europe, Asia, Africa, and America
- Petau, Denis, 1583-1652
- Uniform Title:
- Rationarium temporum. English
- Additional Titles:
- Account of time
Geographicall description of the world
History of the world
- London : printed by J. Streater, and are to be sold by Luke Fawne, at the Parrot in Paul's Church-Yard, MDCLIX. 
- Physical Description:
- 10 unnumbered pages, 608 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 609 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 610 pages, 36 unnumbered pages, 154 pages, 6 unnumbered pages, 2 unnumbered plates
- Additional Creators:
- R. P.
- Dionisius Petavius = Denis Petau.
Another edition of: Petau, Denis. Rationarium temporum.
"To the reader" signed: R. P., who claims responsibility for the translation, the continuation to 1659, and the "geographicall description".
"A geographicall description of the world" has individual dated title page and separate pagination; the register is continuous.
An additional leaf has been inserted between 4L2 and 4L3 (pp. 607-608); 4L3r and 4L4r are unnumbered; the text is continuous despite pagination.
With an errata and advertisment leaf (a1) bound at the end of quire A.
Imperfect; copy catalogued lacks the portrait and the engraved map of the world.
Reproduction of original in the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1989. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1921:16).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) P1677A.
View MARC record | catkey: 2675200