The starr-prophet anatomiz'd & dissected: or, Judicial astrologie, and the astro-mancers [microform] : with their mago-romantical, mago-physical, and mago-diabolical divinations of the future events of secular affairs, exploded by the sacred scripture and force of reason, though admir'd by their (superstitiously bewitch'd) quærents, as the oracles of fate, privy-councellors of the starrs, and secretaries of divinitie. Together with a plain denudation and detection of some of those sophisticating fallacies, and æquivocating ambiguities, which the fortune-tellers, (like unto their father, the devil of Delphos) impose (as their answer and certain judgment) upon their consulters. Perspicuously evincing; as well the idolatrous impiety, vanity, and falsity of natalitial prognostications, and of their wizzardly fore-deemings, upon the decumbiture of the sick; as the superstitious prophaneness, and abomination of both; viz. of the wizzards, and their credulous consulters. By J. S. a lover of all laudable arts and sciences
- J. S.
- Additional Titles:
- Starr-prophet anatomiz'd & dissected and Judicial astrologie and the astro-mancers
- London : printed for M.D., Anno Domini, 1675.
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages, 39 pages, 1 unnumbered page
- With title page woodcut., Includes a preliminary contents leaf., and Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1991. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2077:07).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) S92
View MARC record | catkey: 2675745