Edinburgh's English school-master [microform] : containing in XXXVI lessons all the words of the Old & New Testament. With the catechism, and instructions therewith. Being the easiest way to spell and read either English or Latine, that ever was publickly known to this day. Examined and approved by the colledges of Edinburgh and Glasgow. By James Porterfield. Never published before
- Porterfield, James
- [Edinburgh] : Printed for the author, and sold at his house in Steven Law's Closs, 1695.
- Physical Description:
- 172 unnumbered pages
- Place of publication from Wing.
Signatures: * A⁴ a⁴ B-C D-R⁴ (-a4 and R4, blank?).
Reproduction of the original in the Mitchell Library, Glasgow.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1990. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2037:12).
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.2037:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Poetæ minores Græci. : Hesiodus, Theocritus, Moschus, Bion Smyrn., Simmias Rhod., Musæus, Theognis, Phocylides ... et aliorum incertorum autorum. Quibus subjungitur eorum potissimùm quæ ad philosophiam moralem pertinent, index utilis. Accedunt etiam observationes Radulphi Wintertoni in Hesiodum
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) P3000A.
View MARC record | catkey: 2676100