An evidence-based approach to authentic leadership development / Tony Fusco
- Fusco, Tony (Psychologist)
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 76 pages ; 23 cm.
- Routledge focus on mental health
- Introduction -- A brief history of authenticity -- Does authentic leadership group coaching work? -- How does it work? Understanding the process of authentic leadership group-coaching -- How does it work? The authentic leader's self concept -- What does work actually mean? The leadership benefits of authentic leadership development -- Ethics, morals and values in authentic leadership -- Measuring the impact of authentic leadership development -- Conclusion.
- This book presents the first evidence-based approach to Authentic Leadership Development. It is based on a group-coaching format that brings together small groups of leaders to discuss personally significant leadership issues generally not explored in usual leadership development, such as the influence of their personal histories, the impact of their psychological make-up, and the ambitions for their future leadership. The book starts with an overview of the idea of authenticity and its philosophical roots, and explains how this informs the past/present/future group-coaching approach to Authentic Leadership Development. It presents statistical and conceptual evidence of the program's efficacy and explores how the social processes at work within the group positively impact and develop the leader's self-concept and the benefits this brings. Importantly, it also details exactly how the leader changes and grows as a result of the group-coaching, and the positive ways in which this benefits their leadership role and the organisations they work in. Finally, it questions the notion of ethics and morals in Authentic Leadership and critically re-appraises the idea of leadership development evaluation.
- 9781138732780 (hardcover) and 1138732788 (hardcover)
View MARC record | catkey: 26773235