The who, what, and where of America : understanding the American Community Survey / edited by Deidre A. Gaquin, Mary Meghan Ryan
- Additional Titles:
- Understanding the American Community Survey and American Community Survey
- Lanham, Maryland : Bernan Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Sixth edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Gaquin, Deirdre and Ryan, Mary Meghan
- Cover; Half Title; Title; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Introduction; Volume Organization; Understanding the American Community Survey; Some Key Facts about the ACS; New Opportunities; New Challenges; Data Collection Versus Data Reporting; The ACS Sample; Geography; Data Comparability; Subjects Covered; Availability of ACS Estimates; Using the ACS; Differences between the ACS andthe Decennial Census; Residence Rules; Reference Periods; Period Estimates; Deciding Which ACS Estimate to Use; Margin of Error; Accessing ACS Data Online; More ACS Resources; Background and Overview Information, Guidance on Data Products and Using the DataPublic Use Microdata Sample (PUMS); Other Data Resources; Part A; Who: Age, Race/Ethnicity, and Household Structure; Population; Age; Race/Ethnicity; Foreign-Born Populations and Foreign Languages; Household Structure; Part B; What: Education, Employment, and Income; Education; Employment; Income; Health Care Coverage; Part C; Where: Migration, Housing, and Transportation; Migration; Owning and Renting; Housing Characteristics; Housing Value and Costs; Transportation; Appendixes; APPENDIX A: GEOGRAPHIC CONCEPTS AND CODES; GEOGRAPHIC AREAS COVERED, STATES AND COUNTIESMETROPOLITAN AREAS; CITIES; GEOGRAPHIC CODES; INDEPENDENT CITIES; APPENDIX B: SOURCE NOTES AND EXPLANATIONS; POPULATION AND POPULATION CHANGE; HISPANIC ORIGIN; AGE; PERCENT FEMALE; MARITAL STATUS; FOREIGN BORN; LANGUAGES SPOKEN; HOUSEHOLDS AND HOUSEHOLD TYPE; POPULATION; POPULATION CHANGE; AGE; RACE; HISPANIC ORIGIN; BORN IN STATE OF RESIDENCE; FOREIGN-BORN; NON-CITIZENS; HOUSEHOLDS AND HOUSEHOLD TYPE; EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT; SCHOOL ENROLLMENT; EMPLOYMENT STATUS; CHILDREN IN FAMILIES BY LIVING ARRANGEMENTS AND EMPLOYMENT STATUS OF PARENTS; CLASS OF WORKER; OCCUPATION, INDUSTRYVETERAN STATUS; HOUSEHOLD INCOME; FAMILY INCOME; NONFAMILY HOUSEHOLD INCOME; INCOME OF INDIVIDUALS; PER CAPITA INCOME; POVERTY STATUS; HEALTH INSURANCE; EDUCATIONAL ATTAINMENT; EMPLOYMENT STATUS; INCOME AND BENEFITS; PLACE OF RESIDENCE; HOME-OWNERSHIP BY RACE, HISPANIC ORIGIN, AGE OF HOUSEHOLDER, AND HOUSEHOLD TYPE; HOUSEHOLD SIZE; UNITS THAT ARE CROWDED OR LACKING COMPLETE PLUMBING; MEDIAN HOUSEHOLD INCOME IN THE PAST 12 MONTHS; HOUSING VALUES AND COSTS; RENT; MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION TO WORK; MEAN TRAVEL TIME TO WORK; VEHICLES AVAILABLE; PLACE OF RESIDENCE; OCCUPIED HOUSING UNITS, and HOUSING VALUES AND COSTSRENT; INTERNET ACCESS; TRAVEL TIME TO WORK
- The Who, What, and Where of America: Understanding the American Community Survey pulls details from the American Community Survey (ACS) which provides a portrait of America at a certain point in time. This book covers each U.S. state, county, metropolitan area, and city with a population of 20,000 or more.
- 9781641432870 (electronic bk.) and 164143287X (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 26774121