Reading India now : contemporary formations in literature and popular culture / Ulka Anjaria
- Anjaria, Ulka, 1979-
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 264 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm
- Introduction: in search of an Indian contemporary -- The new provincialism -- Writing the city now -- In pursuit of the common man -- Melodrama and the open edge of politics -- Literature beyond the pale -- Inside and out -- Epilogue: contemporaneity's futures.
- "This project looks at the idea of the contemporary in 21st-century Indian literature and popular culture, working with a diverse archive that includes literary novels, commercial romances, nonfiction city writing, Hindi popular cinema, a television talk show, and the mixed media texts of a prominent feminist filmmaker"--
- 9781439916636 (cloth : alk. paper) and 1439916632
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 233-260) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26774658