Power trip : the story of energy / Michael E. Webber
- Webber, Michael E., 1971-
- New York : Basic Books, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 294 pages ; 25 cm
- Water -- Food -- Transportation -- Wealth -- Cities -- Security -- Epilogue : the future of energy.
- "Energy is humanity's single most important resource. In fact, as energy expert Michael E. Webber argues in Power Trip, the story of how societies rise can be told largely as the story of how they manage energy sources through time. In 2019, as we face down growing demand for and accumulating environmental impacts from energy, we are at a crossroads and the stakes are high. But history shows us that energy's great value is that it allows societies to reinvent themselves. Power Trip explores how energy has transformed societies of the past and offers wisdom for today's looming energy crisis. There no magic bullet; energy advances always come with costs. Scientific innovation needs public support. Energy initiatives need to be tailored to individual societies. We must look for long-term solutions. Our current energy crisis is real, but it is solvable. We have the power"--
- 9781541644397 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26777037