Quaternionic Approximation [electronic resource] : With Application to Slice Regular Functions / by Sorin G. Gal, Irene Sabadini
- Gal, Sorin G.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Birkhäuser, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- X, 221 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sabadini, Irene and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Frontiers in Mathematics, 1660-8046
- Preliminaries on Hypercomplex Analysis -- Approximation of Continuous Functions -- Approximation by Bernstein and Convolution Type Operators -- Approximation of Slice Regular Functions in Compact Sets -- Overconvergence, Equiconvergence and Universality Properties -- Inequalities for Quaternionic Polynomials -- Approximation of nullsolutions of generalized Cauchy-Riemann operators.
- This book presents the extensions to the quaternionic setting of some of the main approximation results in complex analysis. It also includes the main inequalities regarding the behavior of the derivatives of polynomials with quaternionic cofficients. With some few exceptions, all the material in this book belongs to recent research of the authors on the approximation of slice regular functions of a quaternionic variable. The book is addressed to researchers in various areas of mathematical analysis, in particular hypercomplex analysis, and approximation theory. It is accessible to graduate students and suitable for graduate courses in the above framework.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 26777292