Biorefinery [electronic resource] : Integrated Sustainable Processes for Biomass Conversion to Biomaterials, Biofuels, and Fertilizers / edited by Juan-Rodrigo Bastidas-Oyanedel, Jens Ejbye Schmidt
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 763 pages 193 illustrations, 114 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Bastidas-Oyanedel, Juan-Rodrigo, Schmidt, Jens Ejbye, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Lignocellulosic Thermo-chemical pretreatments -- Enzymatic hydrolysis of biomass feedstocks -- Catalytic conversion of lignocellulosic biomass -- Other economically feasible lignocellulosic fractions - proteins, pigments -- Sugars based yeast fermentation -- Sugars based bacterial fermentations -- Sugars based mixed culture fermentations -- Enzymatic synthesis -- Protein based materials -- Lignin based chemical and materials -- Seawater based bioprocesses -- Pyrolysis of biomass -- Use of syngas for the production of organic molecules by fermentation -- Biogas -- Algae based biorefineries.
- This book discusses the biorefinery of biomass feedstocks. In-depth chapters highlight the scientific and technical aspects and present a techno-economic analysis of such systems. By using a TEA approach, the authors present feasible pathways for conversion of biomass (both residual biomass, energy crops and algae biomass), showing the different possibilities for the production of biochemical materials, biofuels, and fertilizers. The concepts presented in this book will link companies, investors, and governments by providing a framework that will help reduce pollutants and create a biomass related economy that incorporates the newest developments and technologies in the area.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 26777312