Textbook of Oncofertility Research and Practice [electronic resource] : A Multidisciplinary Approach / edited by Teresa K. Woodruff, Divya K. Shah, Wendy S. Vitek
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- XXVIII, 570 pages 49 illustrations, 44 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Woodruff, Teresa K., Shah, Divya K., Vitek, Wendy S., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Part I: Fertility Implications in Oncologic and Non-Oncologic Settings -- Fertility Risk with Cancer Therapy -- Childhood Cancer: Fertility and Psychosocial Implications -- Cancer Genetics: Risks and Mechanisms of Cancer in Women with a Hereditary Predisposition to Epithelial Ovarian Cancer -- Fertility Preservation in Patients with Disorders (Differences) of Sex Development -- Fertility Preservation in Patients with Gender Dysphoria -- Part II: Options for Preserving Fertility -- Embryo and Oocyte Banking -- Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation and Transplantation -- Surgical and Pharmacologic Fertility Preservation: The Role of Ovarian Transposition and Medical Suppression -- Fertility Preservation Options for Female Pediatric and Adolescent Oncology Patients -- Optimal Technique for Laparoscopic Oophorectomy for Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation in Pediatric Girl -- Fertility Preservation in Adult Male Cancer Patients -- Part III: Care of the Opatient -- Assessing Ovarian Reserve -- Contraception and Menstrual Suppression for Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Patients -- Female Sexual Function in Childhood, Adolescent, and Young Adult Cancer Survivors -- Pregnancy Considerations in Patients with Cancer and Cancer Survivors -- Assessing Testicular Reserve in the Male Oncology Patient -- Male Fertility Preservation: Current Options and Advances in Research -- Male Sexuality -- Part IV: Oncofertility in Clinical Practice -- Setting Up an Oncofertility Program -- Building a Pediatric Oncofertility Practice -- The Fertility Preservation (FP) -- Genetic Counselors: Bridging the Oncofertility Information Gap -- Psychosocial Impact of Cancer-Related Infertility -- Oncofertility Consults in the REI Setting -- The Birds and the Bees and the Bank: Talking with Families About Future Fertility Amidst a Cancer Diagnosis -- Patient and Family Tools to Aid in Education and Decision-Making About Oncofertility -- Establishing Insurance Coverage for Iatrogenic Infertility -- Part V: Ethical and Legal Considerations in Oncofertility -- Legal Issues in Oncofertility Treatment -- Adoption in the Cancer Setting -- Common Ethical Issues in Oncofertility -- The Importance of Disclosure for Sexual and Gender Minorities in Oncofertility Cases -- Ethics of Posthumous Reproduction -- Part VI: Basic Science Advances in Oncofertility -- Fertility Preservation and Restoration in Pediatric Males -- Uterus Transplantation -- Protecting and Extending Fertility for Females of Wild and Endangered Mammals -- Part VII: Case Studies: Egg Banking -- Cervical Cancer - Large Tumors: Conservative Surgery, Ovarian Transposition, Oocyte and Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation, a Combined Approach -- Oocyte Cryopreservation in the Setting of Cervical Cancer -- Alternative Stimulation Protocols -- Oncofertility in the Premenopausal Breast Cancer Patient -- Oncofertility Case Study: Breast Cancer in a 33 Year Old Woman -- Fertility Preservation: Convergence of Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer, Desired Fertility and Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -- Fertility Preservation for a Transgender -- Fertility Preservation in an Adolescent with an Ovo-Testicular Disorder of Sexual Development -- Case Presentation: Adoption in the Cancer Setting -- Part VIII: Case Studies: Embryo Banking -- In Vitro Activation Following Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation: A Case of Patient with POI -- Fertility Preservation in Young Women with Breast Cancer : A Case Study -- Childhood Cancer: Secondary Malignancy and Fertility Implications -- Fertility Preservation at an Advanced Reproductive Age: When Hope and Reality Collide -- Part IX: Case Studies: Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation -- Case Presentation: Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation and Subsequent Transplantation in the Setting of Lymphoma -- Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation in a Rare Case of a Pregnant Woman with Acute Leukemia -- Part X: -Case Studies: Adult Male Fertility Preservation -- Case Presentation: Sperm Banking in Patient Diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia -- Management of Male Infertility Secondary to Chemotherapeutic Agents During Childhood Cancer Treatment -- Part XI: Case Studies: Pediatric Male Fertility Preservation -- Assessing and Supporting Adolescent Boys Having Fertility Preservation -- Fertility Preservation Approaches to Patients with Leukemic Involvement of the Testes -- Testicular Tissue Cryopreservation Prior to Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant: Two Case Studies Illustrating Family Decision-Making -- Adolescent Testicular Sperm Retrieval -- Spontaneous Conception in a Breast Cancer Woman Carrying a BRCA2 Mutation: When Two Children is Not Enough -- Part XII: Case Studies: Pediatric Female Fertility Preservation -- Fertility Preservation in a Pre-Menarchal Girl -- A Clinical Case of Fertility Preservation in an Adolescent with Hodgkin Lymphoma -- Case Study of Post-Pubertal Adolescent Female Undergoing Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation and Oophoropexy Prior to Gonadotoxic Therapy -- Fertility Preservation in a Female Adolescent with a Hemoglobinopathy.
- Bringing together more than a decade of dedicated investigation and clinical work, this unique textbook is a unified, comprehensive source for oncofertility research and medical practice that is both authoritative and up-to-date. It will serve as the primary oncofertility reference for the various medical disciplines that must be coordinated to provide care for young cancer patients. Moreover, it contains case studies that are prismatic for new entrants into the field. The book is organized around the major themes of the discipline and includes current research, clinical practice, emerging technologies and didactic questions and is divided into six thematic sections: Fertility implications in both oncologic and non-oncologic settings Options for fertility preservation, both male and female Care of the oncofertility patient, including contraception and pregnancy considerations Oncofertility in clinical practice, from setting up a new program to genetic counseling and communication Ethical and legal considerations Advances in the basic science of oncofertility In each chapter, bulleted key learning points and review study questions bookend the text. Six additional sections, comprised exclusively of clinical case studies illustrating the management of both oncologic and non-oncologic conditions, add to the pedagogical value of the text. Timely and utilizing the best current evidence, Textbook of Oncofertility Research and Practice: A Multidisciplinary Approach will be an invaluable resource for students, residents, fellows and professionals in reproductive endocrinology, pediatric endocrinology, adult and pediatric oncology, adult and pediatric urology, breast surgery, radiation oncology and allied professions where iatrogenic treatments or genetic conditions result in infertility. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 26777393