The most pleasant history of Reynard the fox. Entered according to order [microform].
- Uniform Title:
- Reynard the Fox
- Additional Titles:
- Le Roman de Renart
- [London] : Printed for J. Conyers, and are to be sold by J. Blare at the Looking-glass on London-Bridge, [1700?]
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages, 1 unnumbered page : illustrations (woodcuts)
- Additional Creators:
- J. S. (John Shirley), active 1680-1702
- Signatures: A-B⁴.
A free adaptation and translation of: "Le roman de Renart", in prose; attributed by Wing to John Shirley (fl. 1680-1702), who published a version in heroic verse in 1681 with a slightly different title.
With title page woodcut repeated on p.. Verso of t.p. contains square woodcut of black bird with initials I C in upper corners.
O copy filmed on Early English Books reel 1784 imperfect? Page 23 ends with: Thus ends the first part.
Reproduction of the original in the Bodleian Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms International, 1987. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 1783:8).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) M2914A
View MARC record | catkey: 2677846