Womanhood and girlhood in twenty-first-century middle class Kenya : disrupting patri-centered frameworks / Besi Brillian Muhonja
- Muhonja, Besi Brillian
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Elective Lone Parenting, New Matrilines, and Matriarchies -- 2.Usichana wa Ubabi: Erasures of Ritual and the Myth of Independence -- 3.The Production of Bridehood -- 4.Wifing Bodies (Re)negotiating Selfhood -- 5.New Spaces, New Identities, New Languages.
- This examination of Kenya's middle class demonstrates how contemporary social performances of femaleness are disrupting and complicating conceptions of gender and gendered identities and institutions. This book will alter scholarship of female gender identity in Kenya, forcing the creation of new, responsive action for African girls and women.
- 9781498534345 (electronic bk.)
1498534341 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26778502