Strange, dreadful, and amazing news from York. Giving a sad and terrible account of God's fearful judgment on one Winam Tendin, near Rippon in the county of York [microform] : Who, upon his father's death, perswading his aged tender mother to deliver up her estate and goods to him, upon a slight pretence of quarrel, soon after turned her out of doors a begging, threatning those that should relieve her, so that coming almost starved to his house, when he was making a great feast, he caused the victuals to be set away, and drove her out of his gate: with the words she thereupon uttered. And how his food was turned into fierce poisonous serpents, that stung him to death. And many other circumstances attending so dreadful relaation [sic]. A dreadful relation of a prodigious motion of the earth, near Charleville, in the county of Limerick, in Ireland, on the 7th day of June, 1697. ... sinking hills and raising valleys; and by what means it began and ceased its motion
- London : printed by J. Wilkins, near Fleet-street, 1697.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages
- Imperfect; stained and tightly bound affecting legibility. and Reproduction of the original in the British Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : UMI, 1991. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 2064:6).
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) S5882A
View MARC record | catkey: 2677867