Breakthrough : career strategies for women's success / Saundra Stroope
- Stroope, Saundra
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (122 pages).
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Chapter 1. Career myths impact women's success -- Chapter 2. Myth: women's skills and experience matter more than communication style and appearance -- Chapter 3. Myth: if women are assertive and drive for results, it will always benefit their careers -- Chapter 4. Myth: advancement for women is only dependent on performing well -- Chapter 5. Myth: women can expect to be compensated fairly and rewarded for their contributions in the workplace -- Chapter 6. Myth: men and women believe in equality for women -- Chapter 7. Myth: women can have it al--work and life balance -- Chapter 8. Myth: women are supportive of each other, men compete -- Chapter 9. Myth: both men and women are perceived as equally effective leaders -- Chapter 10. Myth: when women report inappropriate behavior such as harassment or bullying, the behavior will stop -- Chapter 11. Putting it all together in a development plan -- Chapter 12. Moving beyond the myth -- Chapter 13. Bibliography.
- It is an important time to celebrate the advancement of women. The number of women entrepreneurs, business owners, and leaders in corporate leadership roles is growing. However, there are still many challenges women face that are different from those of their male counterparts. Women sometimes have beliefs or career myths that may interfere with their personal career satisfaction and success. The book is based on the input and advice gathered from of over 200 women across the globe. A survey of more than 180 women, interviews with over a dozen influential women in leadership and professional roles, and group meetings were conducted from January to March 2018. The women validated career myths that have an impact on their satisfaction at work and career success.
- Other Subject(s):
- 9781948976299 e-book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 105-115) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 26780005