Understanding demonetization in India : a deft stroke of economic policy / Shrawan Kumar Singh
- Singh, Shrawan Kumar
- New York, New York (222 East 46th Street, New York, NY 10017) : Business Expert Press, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xii, 179 pages).
- Economics and public policy collection, 2163-7628
- Restrictions on Access:
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Chapter 1. Introduction to demonetization -- Chapter 2. Functions and importance of money -- Chapter 3. Demand for money -- Chapter 4. Supply of money -- Chapter 5. Relationship between money and prices -- Chapter 6. Demonetization in other countries -- Chapter 7. History of demonetization in india -- Chapter 8. Recent demonetization of Indian currency -- Chapter 9. Demonetization in India: a critique -- Chapter 10. Impact on Indian economy -- Chapter 11. Demonetization and black economy -- Chapter 12. Demonetization as a move to a less-cash economy -- Chapter 13. Relation between union government and the Reserve Bank of India -- Chapter 14. The ongoing debate and political economy -- Chapter 15. An epilogue: two years later.
- Demonetization has made only a minor dent in the GDP. It has helped to bring more people into the tax net and has reduced the size of the informal economy. With the increased use of digital payments, economic transactions become recorded. This book examines the very concept, history, critique, and impact on the overall economy and black money, the move toward less-cash economy and digitalization, government-RBI relations, along with an assessment of two years of demonetization. It would be prudent for the government to focus more on proper institutional reforms to address the issues originating from demonetization.
- 9781949991062 e-book and 9781949991055 print
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-170) and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and System requirements: Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 26780006