- Muskogee, Oklahoma : Bacone College, 1959-2012.
- Physical Description:
- online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- American Indian newspapers
- First appearing in 1959, The Baconian followed The Bacone Indian as the official student newspaper of Bacone College and would be the longest running Bacone title, with the final edition here featuring news of President Barack Obama's re-election in 2012. In its early years, the format switched between mimeograph and traditional printing with pages stretching from one to five, but later editions more closely resembled a traditional newspaper format. Content touched on politics and popular culture but shifted regularly; the pages of The Baconian featured few running columns, but remained primarily interested in student news, such as sports, student elections and social events. Advertisements remained rare until the later editions, while black and white photographs were common, moving to colour in the final few years of publication.
- Publication Frequency:
- Monthly, 1960-2012 and Bimonthly, 1959-1960
- Some issues missing. and Successor journal to The Bacone Indian.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2018. Digitized from a copy held by the Sequoyah National Research Center, University of Arkansas, Little Rock and made available by Adam Matthew Digital.
- Location of Originals:
- Sequoyah National Research Center, University of Arkansas, Little Rock
- Copyright Note:
- Bacone College
View MARC record | catkey: 26782163