OECD territorial reviews. Córdoba, Argentina [electronic resource].
- Paris : OECD, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 293 pages : illustrations, maps, charts ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- "This report examines the Province of Cordoba, Argentina, and provides recommendations for the design of a regional competitiveness strategy as well as the governance structure needed to implement it. Over the past decade, Cordoba has experienced sustained economic growth and widespread improvements in the standard of living. However, the provincial economy is at a pivotal point: it is still highly reliant on traditional manufacturing and commodities, a model that may no longer be sufficient for the future. Cordoba's challenges and opportunities are the same as those found in many OECD regions and require a renewed development strategy, one that builds on key assets and focusses on closing crucial infrastructure gaps. Investments in skills, research, and innovation are essential to propel the province into higher-value-added segments of production chains. At the same time, Cordoba needs to shift from a sectoral approach to an integrated, activity-focused strategic plan, in which the entire territory (cities and regions) becomes a platform for innovation and fosters new economic opportunities"--Publisher information.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 26784207