Culture and development in a globalizing world [electronic resource] : geographies, actors, and paradigms / edited by Sarah A. Radcliffe
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 280 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Radcliffe, Sarah A.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Culture in development thinking : geographies, actors and paradigms / Sarah A. Radcliffe -- Culture, development and global neo-liberalism / Michael Watts -- Culture and conservation in post-conflict Africa : changing attitudes and approaches / Elizabeth E. Watson -- Indigenous groups, culturally appropriate development and the socio-spatial fix of Andean development / Sarah A. Radcliffe and Nina Laurie -- Laboring in the transnational culture mines : the work of Bolivian music in Japan / Michelle Bigenho -- Social capital and migration--beyond ethnic economies / Jan Nederveen Pieterse -- Social capital as culture? Promoting co-operative action in Ghana / Gina Porter and Fergus Lyon -- On the spatial limits of culture in high-tech regional economic development: lessons from Salt Lake City, Utah / Al James -- Mobilizing culture for social justice and development : South Africa's Amazwi Abesifazane memory cloths program / Cheryl McEwan -- Conclusions: the future of culture and development / Sarah A. Radcliffe.
- 0415348765 (hardcover : alk. paper), 0415348773 (softcover : alk. paper), and 9781134274574 (epub)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 238-271) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26784367