Governance and transformations of universities in Africa [electronic resource] : a global perspective / edited by Fredrick M. Nafukho,Texas A&M University, Helen M.A. Muyia,Texas A&M University, Beverly J. Irby,Texas A&M University
- International higher education
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Fredrick M. Nafukho and Beverly J. Irby -- Entrepreneurial leadership and the transformations of African universities / Fredrick M. Nafukho and Helen M.A. Muyia -- Social capital theory and implications for governing resource accumulation in the African university / Jane Nyakecho Omalla Khayesi -- The role of the alumni in the governance and financing of universities in Africa / Fredrick Q. Gravenir -- Governance of public universities in Kenya : a scholar-practitioner's perspective / Olive M. Mugenda -- The role of program coordinators in the management of universities : a perspective from a private university / Damary Sikalieh -- Organization and governance of African universities : the case of Cameroon / Margaret Khumbah Mbeseha -- Professional development of mathematics and science teachers : the role of universities in Kenya / John Mungai Njoroge and Sophy Njoki Njiru -- Reexamining external examination practice in undergraduate education in Kenya's public universities : issues and challenges / George Okoth Jawuor, George Onyango Adino, and Norbert Ogeta -- Reforms and innovations in teacher education : facilitator of access, quality, and equity as emerging issues in education in Kenya / Patrick A. Kafu and Genvieve N. Simwelo -- Organization of teaching practice (TP) for teacher trainees in Kenyan universities : which way? / Dickson S.O. Owiti -- A curriculum that links education to industry to meet the demands of the Kenya vision 2030 / Misia M.M. Kadenyi and Florence Kanorio Kisirkoi -- Gender policy as a management strategy in education / Lillian Otieno-Omutoko and Phoebe Mwaura -- Research in institutions of higher education in Africa : challenges and prospects / Florence Muthoni Itegi and Felicita Wanjiru Njuguna.
- 9781623967413 (pbk.), 9781623967420 (hardcover), and 9781623967437 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 26786427