Mrs Stone & Dr Smellie [electronic resource] : eighteenth-century midwives and their patients / Robert Woods and Chris Galley
- Woods, Robert
- Additional Titles:
- Mrs Stone and Dr Smellie
- Liverpool : Liverpool University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 544 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Galley, Chris
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Midwives, their women and patients -- Reading case notes -- Sarah Stone, Somerset midwife -- Mrs. Stone's Complete Practice -- William Smellie, man-midwife and instructor -- Dr. Smellie's London cases -- The new obstetrics -- Other cases from London -- Midwifery through case histories.
- Stone, Sarah, active 1737
- Smellie, William, 1697-1763
- Stone, Sarah, ca. 1680 -
- Midwifery—Great Britain—History—18th century
- Midwifery—Great Britain—History—18th century—Sources
- Midwifery—history—Great Britain—Case Reports
- History, 19th Century—Great Britain—Case Reports
- Midwifery—Great Britain—Case Reports
- 9781781381410 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 515-539) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 26789216