Priscianus nascens, or, A key to the grammar school [microform] : serving much to the exposition of the grammatical rules of Lilly, and the more easie and certain translating of English into Latine, to the no small ease of the master in teaching and the scholar in learning ...
- Huish, Anthony
- London : Printed for William Garret, and are to be sold by Timothy Garthwait, 1660.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes
- Related Titles:
- Priscianus nascens
Key to the grammar school
- Engraved t.p. of both vols. alike; also issued separately.
Attributed to Anthony Huish. Cf. BM.
Pref. signed: V.V.F.
"The second general part [i.e. v. 2] of this book tenders you with a revew [sic], better ordering, augmentation, and exemplifying of Mr. John Hewes his Survey of the English tongue"--Pref.
Errata: p.  at beginning.
Item at reel 222:11 identified as Wing P3518 (number cancelled).
Reproduction of originals in Columbia University Library and the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign Campus). Library.
- Other Forms:
- Available electronically as part of Early English books online.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University Microfilms, 1966 and 1986. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Early English books, 1641-1700 ; 222:11 and 1690:12)
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D18a reel.222:1 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Porphyriou philosophou Pythagorikou Peri apochēs empsychōn biblia tessara [microform] = Porphyrii philosophi Pythagorici De abstinentia ab animalibus necandis libri quatuor. Tou autou Pythagorou bios = Ejusdem liber De vita Pythagoræ. Tou autou Aphormai pros ta noēta = Sententiæ ad intelligibiliæ ducentes. Peri tou en Odysseia tōn nymphōn antrou = De antro nympharum quod in Odyssea describitur / Lucas Holstenius Hamburgens. Latine vertit ; dissertationem de vita & scriptis Porphyrii & ad vitam Pythagoræ observationes adjecit
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.) H3358B
View MARC record | catkey: 2679205