When groups meet [electronic resource] : the dynamics of intergroup contact / Thomas F. Pettigrew and Linda R. Tropp
- Pettigrew, Thomas F.
- New York ; Hove, West Sussex : Psychology Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 309 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Tropp, Linda R.
- Essays in social psychology
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The origins of intergroup contact theory -- Does intergroup contact typically reduce intergroup prejudice? -- Do intergroup contact effects generalize? -- Are the effects of intergroup contact universal? -- When does intergroup contact reduce prejudice? -- How does intergroup contact reduce prejudice? -- Does intergroup contact reduce all aspects of prejudice? -- Does cross-group friendship play a special role in reducing prejudice? -- Does group status moderate contact effects? -- Intergroup contact as one of many predictors of prejudice -- Criticisms of intergroup contact theory -- When intergroup contact fails -- Summing up and looking to the future.
- 9781841697659 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-292) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 26795029