Cross-cultural perspectives in human development : theory, research, and applications / edited by T.S. Saraswathi
- New Delhi ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 401 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Saraswati, T. S.
- Introduction / T.S. Saraswathi -- Ecocultural perspective on human psychological development / John W. Berry -- Wanted, a contextualized psychology : plea for a cultural psychology based on action theory / Lutz H. Eckensberger -- Ontogeny as the interface between biology and culture : evolutionary considerations / Heidi Keller -- Theoretical frameworks in cross-cultural developmental psychology : an attempt at integration / Pierre R. Dasen -- Human development across cultures : a contextual-functional analysis and implications for interventions / Cigdem Kagiteibasi -- Conceptualizing human development and education in sub-Saharan Africa at the interface of indigenous and exogenous influences / A. Bame Nsamenang -- Modernization and changes in adolescent social life / Alice Schlegel -- Adolescence without family disengagement : the daily family lives of Indian middle class teenagers / Reed Larson, Suman Verma, Jodi Dworkin -- From research project to nationwide program : the mother-child education program of Turkey / Sevda Bekman -- Counting on everyday mathematics / Anita Rampal -- Current issues and trends in early childhood education / Lilian G. Katz.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20034.
View MARC record | catkey: 2681089