The history of educational administration viewed through its textbooks / Thomas Glass, with Robert Mason [and others].
- Glass, Thomas E.
- Lanham, Md. : ScarecrowEducation, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 160 pages ; 23 cm
- Introduction, a new profession and a new textbook -- From idea to ideology : school administration texts, 1820-1914 -- From ideology to conventional wisdom : school administration texts, 1915-1933 -- From conventional wisdom to concept : school administration texts, 1934-1945 -- A return to rhetoric : school administration texts, 1946-1955 -- Factualism to theory, art to science : school administration texts, 1955-1985 -- A retreat from theory in an era of reform, 1985-2000 -- An overview, school administration texts, 1820-2000.
- 1578860806 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 143-152) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20034.
Harrisburg's copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2004.
View MARC record | catkey: 2681093