Taking off: a century of manned flight / edited by Jonathan Coopersmith and Roger Launius
- Reston, Va. : American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, c2003.
- Physical Description:
- 108 p. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Coopersmith, Jonathan, 1955-, Launius, Roger D., and American Association for the Advancement of Science
- The Wright Brothers and the invention of aeronautical engineering / P.L. Jakab -- Fond of flying: general aviation / J. Bednarek -- The airplane and the American way of war / C.J. Gross -- The propeller in the Garden: aviation and academia / M. Gorn -- The double helix aloft: flight and the government / R.D. Launius -- Flying the unprofitable skies: commercial aviation in America / J. Coopersmith.
- "Papers presented at the 2003 American Association for the Advancement of Science Annual Meeting."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the J. Harvey Fahnestock Endowment for Scientific, Engineering and Rare Books; 20034.
View MARC record | catkey: 2681870