Tikal : dynasties, foreigners & affairs of state : advancing Maya archaeology / edited by Jeremy A. Sabloff
- Santa Fe, N.M. : School of American Research Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 419 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Sabloff, Jeremy A.
- School of American Research advanced seminar series
- In line of the founder: a view of dynastic politics at Tikal / Simon Martin -- The ceramics of Tikal / T. Patrick Culbert -- Beyond the catalog: the chronology and contexts of Tikal artifacts / Hattula Moholy-Nagy -- Settlement, society, and demography at Tikal / William A. Haviland -- The peripheries of Tikal / Robert E. Fry -- The central acropolis of Tikal / Peter D. Harrison -- The Tikal renaissance and the East Plaza ball court / Christopher Jones -- The North Acropolis: monumentality, function, and architectural development / H. Stanley Loten -- Plaza plans at Tikal: a research strategy for inferring social organization and processes of culture change at lowland Maya sites / Marshall Joseph Becker -- Thirty years later: some results of recent stigations in Tikal / Juan Pedro Laporte -- Tikal and the Copan dynastic founding / Robert J. Sharer.
- 1930618212 (alk. paper), 1930618220 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0852559348
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 355-402) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2681990