Tabu [videorecording] : a story of the south seas / Paramount Publix Corporation ; distributed by Image Entertaimnent ; Paramount presents [a] Murnau-Flaherty production ; director, F.W. Murnau ; screenplay, R.J. Flaherty, F.W. Murnau
- Additional Titles:
- Story of the south seas
Title from container: F.W. Murnau and Robert Flaherty's Tabu
- Chatsworth, CA : Milestone Film & Video, 2002.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (81 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Murnau, F. W. (Friedrich Wilhelm), 1888-1931
Flaherty, Robert Joseph, 1884-1951
Crosby, Floyd, 1899-1985
Riesenfeld, Hugo, 1879-1939
Milestone Film & Video
Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927)
Paramount Publix Corporation
UCLA Film and Television Archive
- Milestone collection
- Two lovers are doomed by a tribal edict decreeing that the girl is "tabu" to all men.
- Related Titles:
- Reri in New York
- "Restored by UCLA Film and Television Archive."
Originally released as a motion picture in 1931.
Silent film with music and English captions.
Special features: Audio commentary by UCLA Film Professor Janet Bergstrom ; still gallery ; outtake footage ; short film: "Reri in New York" ; theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Photography, Floyd Crosby; music, Hugo Riesenfeld.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby Digital mono.
View MARC record | catkey: 2683411