The new global threat : severe acute respiratory syndrome and its impacts / editors, Tommy Koh, Aileen Plant, Eng Hin Lee
- Additional Titles:
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome and its impacts
- Singapore : World Scientific Pub. Co., 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 327 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Koh, Tommy T. B. (Tommy Thong Bee), 1937-
Plant, Aileen J.
Lee, Eng Hin, 1947-
- 1. WHO: at the forefront of combating SARS -- 2. Fighting infectous diseases: one mission, many agents / Shiping Tang -- 3. SARS, anti-populism, and elite lies: temporary disorders in China / Lynn T. White III -- 4. Baptism by storm: the SARS crisis' imprint on China's new leadership / Christopher A. McNally -- 5. The impact of SARS on Hong Kong society and culture: some personal reflections / Leo Ou-fan Lee -- 6. SARS and the HKSAR governing crisis / Ma Ngok -- 7. The social impact of SARS: sustainable action for the rejuvenation of society / Cecilia L.W. Chan -- 8. Catching SARS in the HKSAR: fallout on economy and community / Yun-Wing Sung and Fanny M. Cheung -- 9. Will SARS result in a financial crisis? Differentiating real, transient, and permanent economic effects of a health crisis / Frank T. Lorne -- 10. Facing the unknowns of SARS in Hong Kong / Kwok-yung Yuen and Malik Peiris -- 11. SARS, policy-making and lesson-drawing / Khai Leong Ho -- 12. SARS: a psychological perspective / George D. Bishop -- 13. Cracking the genome of the SARS virus / Lawrence W. Stanton -- 14. The infection control response to SARS in hospitals and institutions / Paul A. Tambyah -- 15. SARS: lessons on the role of social responsibility in containing an epidemic / Pheng-Soon Lee -- 16. Combating SARS with infrared fever screening system (IFss) / Yang How Tan -- 17. Epidemiology and control of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak in Taiwan / Chien-Jen Chen, Yin-Chu Chien and Hwai-I Yang -- 18. SARS in Canada: the story of SARS in Canada is essentially Toronto's Tale / Pauline Chan.
- 9812386688 (pbk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 2683509