Biographical directory of the United States Congress, 1774-present
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Congress
- Washington, D.C. : The Congress, -
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Congress. Senate. Historical Office
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Online, continuously updated version of the print publication: Biographical directory of the United States Congress, 1774-1989. Database searchable by name, state, and position (House site only). Most entries includes a short biography, plus biobibliographical information.
- "Include[s] images ... and additional information previously published in separate volumes: Guide to research collections of former United States senators; Senators of the United States: a historical bibliography; and Guide to research collections of former members of the House of Representatives"--Announcement from H-LAW listserv, Nov. 23, 1998, 12:52. and Title from title screen.
- Type of File/Data:
- Text (HTML), graphics.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: Internet from the House and Senate web sites. Addresses as of 8/14/02: http://bioguide.congress.gov/biosearch/biosearch.asp (House site), http://www.senate.gov/learning/bioguide.html (Senate site); current access is available via PURL.
- Issuing Body:
- Directory updated by the Senate Historical Office and the Legislative Resource Center of the House of Representatives, working under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate and the Clerk of the House.
View MARC record | catkey: 2684996