The AIDS pandemic : complacency, injustice, and unfulfilled expectations / Lawrence O. Gostin ; foreword by Michael Kirby
- Gostin, Lawrence O. (Lawrence Ogalthorpe)
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xli, 445 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm.
- Studies in social medicine
- AIDS policy, politics, and law in context -- The AIDS litigation project : the social impact of AIDS -- The AIDS litigation project : privacy, discrimination, and vulnerable persons -- Human rights and public health in the HIV/AIDS pandemic -- Health informational privacy in the HIV/AIDS epidemic -- Stigma, social risk, and discrimination -- Testing and screening in the HIV/AIDS epidemic : a public health and human rights approach -- National HIV/AIDS reporting -- Piercing the veil of secrecy : partner notification, the right to know, and the duty to warn -- The politics of AIDS : compulsory state powers, public health, and civil liberties -- Testing, counseling, and treatment after sexual assault -- Rights and duties of health care workers living with HIV/AIDS -- Perinatal transmission of HIV : controversies in screening and policy -- The interconnected epidemics of AIDS and drug dependency -- Screening and exclusion of travelers and immigrants -- The global reach of HIV/AIDS : science, politics, economics, and research -- AIDS policy, politics, and law: reflections on the pandemic.
- 0807828300 (cloth : alk. paper)
0807854972 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -432) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 2686271