Laird & Lee's U.S. soldiers' diary and pocket manual
- Additional Titles:
- Laird and Lee's U.S. soldiers' diary and pocket manual
- Chicago : Laird & Lee, Inc., 1917.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (132 pages) : color maps ; 15 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- Laird & Lee's U.S. Soldier's diary and pocket manual, 1918, published by Laird & Lee, Inc., Chicago, c. 1917. Includes French pronunciation guide and military terms, French monetary equivalents, and an extensive Soldier's guide, including military protocol, hygiene, and pay tables. Also includes monetary and weights & tables data, as well as calendars, col. maps, sections for addresses and accounts, and lined daily entry fields for 28 Oct. 1917-31 Dec. 1918. and Johannes W. Nyborg writes a few partial, sketchy entries from 1917-1918. He records personal data on the identification page; writes quotations; names and addresses; documents arrival and departure times in New York, Cape Cod, and Portland; and includes brief financial records and a few other figures. There is nothing to suggest he has any military status or affiliation, nor are any of his entries concerned with the war. Originally from Sweden, Nyborg gives his address as Wyoming.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Gift of Bob and Allison Petrilla, 2003.
View MARC record | catkey: 2688546