The gifting club "gotcha" [electronic resource].
- [Washington, D.C.] : Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of Consumer and Business Education, 
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Federal Trade Commission. Office of Consumer and Business Education
- FTC consumer alert
- The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) presents the January 2000 consumer alert "The Gifting Club 'Gotcha'" in PDF format. The alert describes an illegal pyramid scheme called gifting clubs. The scam is spreading throughout the mid-Atlantic states and the Pacific Northwest.
- Title from title screen (viewed on Apr. 21, 2003).
- Type of File/Data:
- World Wide Web Resource.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements: Adobe Acrobat Reader. and Mode of access: Internet from the FTC web site. Address as of 4/21/03: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/giftalr t.pdf; current access is available via PURL.
View MARC record | catkey: 2688955