Containing Arab nationalism : the Eisenhower doctrine and the Middle East / Salim Yaqub
- Yaqub, Salim
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 377 pages : illustrations, map ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- The new Cold War history
- The United States and the Arab Middle East, 1941-1956 -- Birth of a doctrine, November 1956-January 1957 -- Launching the doctrine, January-April 1957 -- The conservative moment, March-June 1957 -- The Syrian crisis, July-December 1957 -- The Nasserist onslaught, January-April 1958 -- The Lebanese crisis, April-July 1958 -- Death of a doctrine, July 1958-December 1960.
- 0807828343 (cloth : alk. paper) and 0807855081 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -359) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2691196