Agrometeorology related to extreme events / by H.P. Das [and others] ; CAgM-XI Working Group on Agrometeorology Related to Extreme Events
- Geneva, Switzerland : Secretariat of the World Meteorological Organization, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 137 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Das, H. P., World Meteorological Organization, and CAgM Working Group on Agrometeorology Related to Extreme Events
- WMO ; no. 943
Technical note ; no. 201
- Language Note:
- Abstract also in French, Russian and Spanish.
- Intro. -- Agrometeorological aspects of drought and desertification -- Incidence, prediction, monitoring and mitigation measures of tropical cycles and storm surges -- Assessing the economic and social impacts of extreme events on agriculture and the use of meteorological information to reduce adverse impacts -- Assessing the impact of extreme weather and climate events on agriculture, with particular reference to flooding and heavy rainfall -- Hail, high winds and cold injury -- Locusts -- Specification for a database of extreme agrometeorological events -- Conclusions and recommendations.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 2699900